New Life Family Church has had a strong involvement with Global Missions since its founding in 1926. Of special interest were the Assemblies of God Overseas Mission areas in India, China and the then Belgian Congo. Financial aid was sent to the Mission personnel in these and other countries.
Two of NLFC’s previous Pastors were Missionaries in Central Africa before taking on Pastoral ministry with the Church. The late Arthur Blythe, and Eddie Rowlands now retired but still active within New Life with his wife Heather.
We aim to give a least 10% of the Church’s regular income away each year to both overseas and local mission projects.
Overseas mission projects we support prayerfully and financially include:
- CAM International (Central African Missions) ministry and training centre at Lubumbashi, D R Congo
- David and Danny Rowlands and family who Pastor a local church plant, as well as work with Teen Challenge Papenburg, Germany.
- Sam and Den in Hong Kong minister to needy families, children and drug addicts.
- Vee and Julie who are at an undisclosed location somewhere in Asia engaged in practical ministries and encouraging local Christians.
- Good Shepherd Homes in India, providing secure and safe home environments, quality education and career opportunities for street children.
- Our Kampala Children’s Centre in Uganda sponsored child: Bridget.
- Our Watoto Church in Uganda sponsored child: Amnone.
Local mission projects we support prayerfully and financially include:
- Thanet Food Link (and other local Food Banks)
- Thanet Winter Shelter
- Thanet Churches Open Christmas
- Lark in the Park
- Kintsugi Hope