New Life Family Church is a charity registered in England and Wales (1054376), whose registered office is at 8 Church Street, Margate, Kent, CT9 1ST.
We are committed to protecting your personal information, as well as being open and honest about how we collect, store and use personal data. We know that your personal information needs to be kept safe, and we will never give away or sell any personal data.
We will keep you up to date on our news and events via email and text if you have shared this information with us. We will always keep your personal information safe, secure and confidential within New Life Family Church. We feel it is important that we are completely transparent about why we need the personal information we request and how we will use it. This privacy notice explains how New Life Family Church collects and uses your personal information.
Making a complaint
If you have any feedback or would like to make a complaint about how we handle your personal information, please contact us so we can investigate and address your concerns. You also have the right to complain about how we collect and use your personal information to the UK data protection regulator, The Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
Why we use your personal information
We will only collect and use your personal information where we have a legal basis to do so or where you have provided us your explicit consent to do so, and we will always respect your rights.
Where we use your information, it may be because you have consented to us doing so or because we consider we have a legitimate interest to do so. Other reasons may include using information because we have a legal obligation to do so.
Examples of why we use your personal information include:
- You have given us your explicit consent to use the information for a specified purpose, for example, to receive the Weekly Encouragement, Monthly eBulletin emails or Prayer Texts.
- We have a legal obligation to use your information, for example to maintain Gift Aid records.
- We also reserve the right to apply our legitimate interest wherever we believe it is appropriate. Some examples of when we would rely on our legitimate interest include:
- To pursue the mission of New Life Family Church.
- To ensure we meet our regulatory requirements as a charity.
- To manage an ongoing Pastoral care relationship with our members.
- To manage our financial transactions and prevent fraud.
What personal information we collect
The personal information we collect about you will depend on how and why you are engaging with us. It could include (but is not limited to):
- Your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, date of birth, your involvement with us and your contact preferences.
- Other information you provide to us from time to time which is relevant and necessary for us to collect and process. For example, the events that you have signed up to to attend or groups that you have participated in.
- We may also collect information about your activity online when you visit our website and when we send you an email.
How we use your personal information
We use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To respond to or fulfil any requests, complaints or queries we receive from you.
- To validate your Gift Aid claim and maintain records of your past and future donations.
- To pursue the mission of New Life Family Church.
- To manage your contact preferences. If you ever want to change the way we keep in touch, just let us know by emailing email@example.com or calling our office on 01843 221259.
- To manage our recruitment of staff and volunteers.
- To make better decisions, communicate more efficiently and develop a better understanding of members. This might involve non-intrusive profiling and data segmentation.
- To inform our digital and social media marketing.
- To prevent and detect criminal activity and fraud.
- To help the emergency services if required.
Who we share your personal information with
We never give or sell any personal information to other charities or organisations. However, there are some circumstances where we would share your data with third parties. For instance:
- If we are legally required to do so, e.g. court order, law enforcement agency pursuing an investigation.
- If we believe it necessary to protect or defend our rights or the personal safety of our personnel or a person we support.
- When we work with carefully selected partners, e.g. Church Suite, or Finance services to ensure we can provide services to you. These partners (called ‘data processors’) will only have access to your information when the necessary contractual arrangements have been agreed and signed and they will always be obliged to follow the strict General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) regulations.
- When information has to be sent to HMRC as part of the declaration process for Gift Aid so that we can reclaim the Gift Aid on your donation(s).
Keeping your personal information up to date
If you would like to amend your data in any way, please contact the church office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 01843 221259.